Monday, April 1, 2013

Jennifer Lopez Collection at Kohls

The Jennifer Lopez Collection at Kohls has been hit or miss for me.  I have bought some dresses from the Jlo line in the past that I have really liked.  And then, there are things that I have seen that are not really my taste (like neon green trouser shorts).  That being said, after trying on a lot of the Jlo pieces that I liked, I was liking this line a whole lot more.  The Lauren Conrad Collection is cute, pretty, girly (and cut for small/more petite sized women).  The Jlo line (lets say most pieces) is a bit more sophisticated, cool, and overall looks more expensive.  Also, the Jlo Collection runs large (my size 6 body was fitting into size 2s and 4s), and the clothes are generally flattering to a curvier type of figure.  My plan is to buy some of the pieces later on when they are on sale/clearance (Kohls has fabulous clearance racks)


I liked the pants here, which were a snakeskin print (all black).  The top was cool and flowy.  And of course I liked the open jacket, because I love most jackets. 















I love love these linen pants with a soft elastic waistband, they are just so comfortable, casual, and perfect for warm summer days.  The jersey top was cute, and had a lot of draping going on.  Really, it was too low cut for what I would be comfortable wearing, but I think it would be a great top for a curvy body type.










I wear maxi dresses a lot in the summer.  Scratch that, I wear dresses almost all the time in the summer, and my favorite style is a maxi.  So effortlessly chic.  This size small was a little too big everywhere though...















I like the look of these jaquard capri pants, but not the feel.  I can't imagine wearing (comfortably) a tight fitting polyester capri pant on a really hot summer day (although, I suppose they would work for spring).  The top was cute and lacey with a light turquoise backing.  This whole ensemble was ok.












I know, I am crazy, but I love this short caftan dress! It is so summery, ready for a beach/pool party, tropical,.... wonderfulness!  I'll buy this at the end of summer when it is on super clearance along with my jumpsuit from the Pearl line at JCP.













I can't say that I loved this print, but when I put on this kimono-like dress, well, it has grown on me.  The dress itself is very flattering.  I may have to buy this for summer.














Love this fitted sheath dress! Love! It's pretty much timeless.















Same dress, with a jacket.  This would have been a nice Easter look. 















I really like this gold embellished boucle jacket.  The wide leg cream pants were nice, but were too short if I wanted to wear with heels. 
















This was my least favorite of what I tried on from the Jlo line.  It just felt cheap, or like it belonged in the juniors department.  It looks more like something that would have come from the Lauren Conrad Line.  I didn't totally hate it, just not for me.





And there you have it.  A nice spring collection from the Jennifer Lopez Collection (I'm looking forward to the sales)!

No comments:

Post a Comment