Monday, April 8, 2013

AR Stylists On Prom Season 2013

It is probably the one event that every girl looks forward to in high school. You spend weeks, even months in some cases, getting all the details down. And then there's the most important part of the event, the dress. Yes, we are talking about prom!

I have such fond memories of getting ready for prom. Getting my nails and hair done, making sure I had that perfect tan, and, of course, choosing which dress I was going to wear. Styles may have changed since I have been in high school, but the sentiment remains the same.
Alexis before Junior Prom

You can't help but notice all of the beautiful and youthful dresses if you have taken a trip recently to the department stores. I find it difficult to walk by without grabbing a few of them and running to the fitting rooms! So, in lieu of making an embarassment of myself in the junior section of the stores, Amanda and I have decided to post our top picks for Prom 2013!

But first, let's take a stroll down memory lane...
Senior Prom
Senior Prom with the Girls! Amanda is in the center!
Junior Prom with the Girls!

I am actually very happy to see dresses in all lengths in the stores now.  I also love that individualization is very well embraced so that you can really go with your own style. I'm amazed at how many different dresses there are to choose from in all different price points, whereas when we were in school, it seemed as though you were limited with where you could shop, and everything was so expensive. My senior prom dress was purchased at JC Penney, and it is still in my closet, complete with the safety pin holding my strap up, as it decided to break part way through the night! It was on sale for $80, and I thought it was a steal. Now, there's the beautiful Pearl by Georgina Chapman of Marchesa line at JC Penney, and the styles are so cute AND affordable! I wish that was an option when I was 18!

I'm sure you're anxious to see what we would choose to wear now if we were 18 again... so... without any further interruption... drum roll please... Amanda and I would like to present our top picks in 3 different price points, shown below:



Now, I realize that things are different in 2013, but for our blog readers that are still in high school and will be attending their Junior or Senior proms this year, we can still offer up some great advice for optimum prom enjoyment! The best advice we can both give is:

- stick with whatever price point you or your parents (or whomever is footing the bill) set. It doesn't take a lot of money to look good. 
- remember that accessories can make or break an outfit. If you are wearing a more simple, plain dress, then go with lots of accessories! If your dress is really a statement on its own, then less is more. 
- keep safety pins in your purse, you will thank me later! And, on that note, if you're not wearing a bra, then consider getting nipple petals- you'll avoid an embarrassing moment like mine!
- Have fun! This is a night that you'll remember for a long time, if not the rest of your life. Live in the moment. :)





1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed the "vintage" photos of us! I loved both of my prom dresses..so much fun to remember!

    ReplyDelete