Monday, March 11, 2013

Kardashian Kollection

Ok, I'll admit it, Keeping Up With The Kardashians is my guilty pleasure for mindless reality television. I even remember the episode where the sisters were meeting with Sears for their new clothing line, Kardashian Kollection. This past Saturday, I took a trip to our local Sears to check out the line myself, and what I discovered was a wave of disappointment. The Kardashian Kollection's motto is "Everyday Glamour". What was out on the floor was "Everyday Overpriced Cheaply-Made Clothes." I am not a size 2, and I possess lots of curves, so I immediately assumed that since the Kardashians are also on the curvier side, that the fit of the clothes would distract me from how cheap the material was. I grabbed 11 items, from dresses to leggings, and made my way to the fitting room.

When Amanda and I do our shopping trips, we take a pad of paper and pen with us to record the prices and comments. Being that I was shocked by the material, I forgot to take a look at the prices at first glance. I almost did a double take. Did I see $68 for a flimsy static-y t-shirt? Wow. 

The first thing I tried on was what I thought was a classic black dress that would be appropriate for work. I grabbed a Large. It fit me like a Medium would, and was so uncomfortable that I couldn't wait to take it off. Once I had it on, I noticed an inappropriate slit with a cheap gold chain accessory above. This dress definitely is not work appropriate, and I'm not sure that I'd want to see anybody wearing this. And... it retails for $84.00. You have got to be kidding me. 
The next few items I tried were not even going to be making a picture appearance, mostly because the sizes were so skewed. If I pick up a Large or an XL, I would think that it would actually fit me. Being a little discouraged, I decided on trying on another dress. It was cute, plain black, and looked comfortable. Once I put it on, although it was comfortable, I noticed how short it was. I don't like showing a great deal of skin, I am pretty conservative with what I choose to show, and being that this dress was low cut AND short deterred me from saying too many positive things about it. And, this flimsy dress that would most likely need a slip underneath and lots of Static Guard, retails for $68.00. Definitely not worth the money.







I then decided to channel my inner Kim Kardashian with the next outfit I put together, black leggings and a studded black top. The leggings were more like cheap sausage casings and the top was static city, but probably the most flattering outfit of them all. I then looked at the prices. The top was $49 and leggings $68. I can't believe that anybody would even pay full price for these things. 








My final outfit choice was a classic pencil skirt and a nude and orange sleeveless button-down top. The top, because I am busty, was an XL, and the skirt was a Large. The skirt was big on me and the top was tight in the midsection area but roomy in the chest area. The top retailed for $49 (yeah, right) and the skirt was on clearance for $9.99. That is pretty much all I would pay for it. 

I really don't understand who decided on the size guidelines for this line. Not everybody in America is an LA girl's size, and the fact that a large was so varied in the entire line really turned me off. Don't get me wrong, there are some nice things in the line, but for girls that are much smaller than myself. As for "Everyday Glamour" for an everyday woman, the Kardashian Kollection was a big fail. To check out the Kardashian Kollection from the comfort of your own home, here is the link:

No comments:

Post a Comment